Hi, there! This post has been long overdue. Pardon me for not
making time being able to update my blog. I have been trying to find time to write but the past month had been very busy… and the term just ended about two weeks ago! I already had a lot of free time last week but for some reason I was too lazy to put up a post. But now that my lazy bum ass is somehow gone, expect multiple posts from me about how my life (currently working on my post birthday celebration!) had been for the past month before the week ends!
It has been over a month since Awkward ended…. *floor-crying*. I miss Jenna, Matty and the rest of the gang! Still can’t get over the fact that there weren’t any closure to the characters and that the finale is an open ended one. It needs another season to justify all that has happened on the last episode of Season 5. All hopes up for Season 6!!!! Hello, MTV! Kindly hear us out! Anyway, here I gathered all the bits and pieces I learned from watching Awkward. Some people might think that it was nothing but pure comedy and people just goofing around but if you watch close and pay more attention, there are A LOT of life lessons from it. Especially for us, Millennials. (considering that it was a teen-oriented series)
- Popularity isn’t everything. So what if you’re not? You don’t have to be. Personality goes a long way– believe me.
- Overthinking does not help, AT ALL. Don’t waste your time and energy stressing over the littlest of things. By thinking too much, we sometimes create a problem that wasn’t even there in the first place– and it makes things much worse.
- Best friends >>> Boyfriends/Girlfriends. Let’s put emphasis on this. Friends are family. Don’t be the person who cuts off all their friends for a relationship.
- Remove toxic people from you life. If there are people who are forcing you to do something you don’t like CUT THEM OUT OF YOUR LIFE. Don’t think twice about it. Bad influences are a major no-no and they won’t get you anywhere. Don’t trade a short span of fun for something that you’ll regret for the rest of your life.
- Cheating is AND WILL NEVER BE GOOD. Whatever your reason may be, it’s just completely W R O N G. How many times do we have to go over this?
- You always have to make a choice. Whether you like it or not.
- You can have sober fun. Nothing against partying but hanging out with friends with a cup of coffee, a good laugh, endless stories and good conversations seem to be more appealing to me.
- Sex/kissing/hooking up makes everything a LOT MORE COMPLICATED THAN IT ALREADY IS. Hi, Jenna Hamilton! I know you agree with me *wink*
- You’re gonna need people to get by. Most especially your friends who’s gonna help you to get through a lot of stuff. This is certainly a major life lesson from the show. It shows how important friendships are in life.
- Be true to yourself. You don’t have to change yourself or morph in just to be ‘cool’ or ‘in’. If you don’t like what they like or if you don’t do what they do, that’s fine. Don’t do it. Keep on doing you. Nobody likes a fake.
- Your feelings are always valid. ALWAYS. If you feel like wrapping yourself in a cocoon of sadness and just wanna lay in bed all day, do it. You have to give it to yourself every once in a while.
- Going through crap doesn’t give you the right to treat people like crap. Yeah sure you have the right to feel things and you may be going through a sh*t load of problems but so does everybody else. It’s not an excuse, keep that in mind.
- Words are very powerful. They can either make or break. Once you’ve said it, you can never take it back. Be sensitive enough to think of other’s feelings too.
- Don’t do something permanently stupid just because you’re temporarily upset. Things done can never be taken back. What’s done is done. And at most times, the damages done will be damages….. FOREVER.
- Blogging is awesome but sharing every single thing going on with your life is not cool. The internet is NOT A 100% SAFE. Think before you click (such a cliche, I know) But try to put a boundary on everything. There are things that must be kept to ourselves… and ourselves only. (BELIEVE ME. Been there, done that)
- Never throw away all the good things you have going on with your life just to be with or please someone. Just refer to Jenna’s experience on Collin & Luke.
- You don’t need a romantic relationship to be happy. You’re not alone just because you’re single. You have your friends– they can make you happy. You can be happy on your own. There are a lot out there that can give you happiness more than you could ever imagine.
- It’s okay if you haven’t figured it all out yet. It’s a process. No need to rush. Everything will fall into place in the right time.
- Parents commit mistakes too and they don’t know all the answers to everything. They may or may not know what’s best for you but try to listen to them more often. A lot of times, the saying “Parents know best” still apply.
- It’s okay if you don’t wanna be with your friends sometimes. You’re gonna have to be with yourself every once in a while, and that’s great. Alone time is the sh*t.
- Girls are complicated. They just are. Nuff said.
- LIFE CAN BE REALLY AWKWARD…… sometimes.
Awkward fan like me? Sign this petition and #SaveAwkward!!! (It would only probably take you a minute to sign this! 😉)